Name of Car Company and Location
Buick LeSabre is a division of General Motors, an automobile manufacturing company; the name LeSabre which is French means the Sabre. Eight generations of the LeSabre were produced. The 1st generation 1959 – 1960, the 2nd generation 1961 – 1964, the 3rd generation 1965 – 1970, the 4th generation 1971 – 1976, the 5th generation 1977 – 1985, the 6th generation 1986 – 1991, and the 7th generation 1992 – 1999 which was designed by Bill Porter. The 1st to the 7th generation of Buick LeSabre models were all assembled at the Flint (Michigan) plant in the USA. The 8th generation 2000 – 2005 was assembled at both the Lake Orion (Michigan) and Hamtramck (Michigan) plants in Michigan, USA.
Major models operated
The Buick LeSabre models include the 1st generation which debuted in 1959 to the 8th generation which ended in the 2005 model year. The LeSabre was succeeded by the Buick Lucerne.
Innovations Buick carried out on the Buick LeSabre include the four-speed automatic feature, side-impact airbags, and fuel economy. It also came equipped with the OnStar communication system that featured upgraded hands-free capabilities and GM’s StabiliTrak electronic stability system.
Most sold vehicle by model type
The 1997 (7th generation) model recorded the most sales with a figure of 150,744 cars sold.
Most common problems
Buick LeSabre owners reported the following common problems:
1) Power window regulator breakage and malfunction.
2) Engine stalls/shuts off while driving and engine overheating.
3) Water pump failure, oil pump failure and cooling fan problems.
4) Windshield wiper/washer problems and service brakes drum wheel cylinder problems.
5) Rear defogger defects as well as front window defroster blower failure.
6) Transmission failure and leaking coolant problems.
7) Intake manifold gasket failure and cracked manifold gaskets.
8) Starter motor and ignition problems, clutch malfunction and alternator defects.
9) Manifold-header-muffler-tail pipe problems, gas recirculation valve problems, and check engine light on problems.
10) Engine exhaust defects, radiator problems, and engine belts and pulley defects.
11) Loud engine noise problems and emission control problems.