The Chevrolet Trax is equipped with a great engine and a great exterior. But the interior still leave something to be desired. The engine is sluggish at 1.4 liters and 138 horsepower; and the lack of driver assistance equipment does it no favors.
Some common problems that arise with the Chevrolet Trax can be solved with a little owner manual trouble shooting. These are mostly either electrical or mechanical problems, and DIY repairs should do the trick:
- The car battery can die on occasion which is a problem if you’re out on the road without any jumper cables or another power source to jump it.
- The steering wheel can lock up when it’s cold and pops when it breaks loose. This can be bad for the structural integrity of the car,but if you master climate control right, you can probably reduce the frequency of this happening.
Chevrolet Trax is a subcompact crossover SUV built by General Motors (GM) in the year 2013. It was built for global markets at the GM Korea plant Bupyeong-gu, Incheon (South Korea), the GM Mexico plant San Luis Potosi, San Luis Potosi (Mexico), SAIC-GM GM-Shanghai plant (China) from 2014 and GM Uzbekistan plant (Uzbekistan) from 2018.
The Chevrolet Trax models include the (2013 – 2019) model years for the global market as well as the (2015 – 2019) model years for the United States market. It is to be succeeded by the new Chevrolet Tracker for the Chinese market only.
The 2019 Chevrolet Trax model has several innovative features, it has a Chevrolet MyLink seven-inch color touch screen display, OnStar technology, a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, rear vision camera, remote keyless entry and an electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission, and StabiliTrak technology. The Chevrolet Trax also comes equipped with a SiriusXM satellite radio, cruise control, remote start with an option to add side blind zone alert, rear cross traffic alert and rear park assist. The Trax (latest version) also supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so integrating your smartphone is easy.
Problems with Chevrolet Trax models
Chevrolet Trax car owners have reported the following common problems:
1) The air conditioner not working properly.
2) Rolls back when on an inclined surface.
3) Engine problems and poor head lights.
4) Suspension problems: Failure of the control arm weld can lead to fatigue which makes the wheels to rub and thus cause an accident.
5) Electrical system problems: Radio and rear camera malfunctions