If you believe that your work (or the work of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act) has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please file a copyright infringement notice with us. The notice should be in writing and sent via email for the fastest possible response time.
NOTICES OF CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
IF YOU SEE ANYTHING ON OUR SITE THAT YOU BELIEVE INFRINGES YOUR COPYRIGHT RIGHTS, YOU MAY NOTIFY OUR DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (“DMCA”) AGENT BY SENDING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material on our servers that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed, including the URL or other information to enable us to locate the material.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you as copyright owner, or by your agent, or by law.
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the exclusive copyright right that is allegedly being infringed.
- The country to which the copyright material has been infringed
- Your physical or electronic signature, or of someone authorized to act on your behalf.
- Instructions on how we may contact you: preferably email, but also address and phone.
Please send this information off to our agent via e-mail to email@example.com
Use the same procedure for any claimed trademark violations or other infringements. If we receive a DMCA takedown demand for material you posted that we believe constitutes fair use, we will attempt to notify you if we have your contact info; otherwise we are under no obligation to notify you regarding the removal. We reserve the right to refuse to remove any material that in our view constitutes fair use. If we identify you as a “repeat infringer,” we will block or remove your images and terminate any accounts you have with us. (If we notify you of a DMCA removal and you respond with a legitimate counter-notice, that won’t count toward being a repeat infringer.) Keep in mind that we reserve the right to remove any content at any time whether or not it infringes or violates any of our policies.
This “notice and takedown” process is regulated by statute. There may be negative consequences if you falsely allege copyright infringement or report material to OwnerManual.co in bad faith.